2007年7月12日木曜日

We Lost Patches!:'(

We lost our gaurd dog, Patches, on Monday night, July 9th. My dad and I were on a farm outside Larchwood SD(for those of you who don't know where that is, it's 27 miles or 1/2 and hour away from here) checking on some of his cattle he was keeping there. Dad was in a conversation with the owner of the farm when I let Patches off of the pick-up thinking that dad would notice. So I went into the pick-up and read my book. Dad, however, did not notice this, and jumped into the pick-up and sped off to Rock Valley where we got some snow cones.

This is where we noticed that Patches was not on the back of the pickup. So we drove back to the farm and drove about a 5 mile radius of the farm. It was now around 9:30PM. Because of the oncoming darkness, we decided to give up and hope for the best tomorrow.

The next day we called about 5 of the surrounding area's police departments hoping that somebody would report them. It was that night around 8:30PM that we got a call from a person named Judy Morser saying that she had our dog. So my mother and I (dad was golfing) went to pick up Patches. When we got there, we learned that Patches had run a whole 11 miles over the last 24 hours. Boy, was he tired!

So that's Patches' amazing tail, I mean tale. - yes, that was a joke, you laugh now.

3 件のコメント:

Becka さんのコメント...

Hey Mitch!! I'm glad you have Patches back. Sorry I haven't been commenting, our commputer was on the Fritz. Give him a pat on the head.

Becka さんのコメント...

Oh, again, sorry we couldn't vote!

Itchellmeh さんのコメント...

its ok, i understand. iowa's super-high-speed-internet is just to difficult for you guys to handle, so you lied and said is was "on the Fritz".
it's ok, i forgive you